Employment Law Firms Near Me
Employment law is a broad area of law that encompasses many aspects of the employee/employer relationship. There are local, state, and federal laws that dictate how an employer should act and what rights employees have.
Employment law encompasses topics such as sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, wage and hour laws, unemployment compensation, workers’ compensation, whistleblower laws, civil rights violations, family and medical leave, pensions, and more. This area of law can be complex, and each state and even some cities have their own laws pertaining to how workplaces should be legally run.
Because of these complex laws, you need the best employment law firm in Chicago on your side when you face workplace troubles. See what you should look for in an employment law firm and why The Law Office of Mitchell A. Kline might be the right choice for you.
How to Find the Best Employment Law Firm
To find the right employment law firm to take on your case, consider these tips:
- Ask about credentials. What certifications do they have? What do they do to keep up with changes in employment law? Is their knowledge current?
- Ask about experience. There are many areas of employment law. Do they have extensive experience handling cases similar to yours? If so, what were the results?
- Ask about payment. Each lawyer is different when it comes to payment. Some offer free consultations. Some charge by the lawyer. Others only request payment if they win your case. Make sure you understand upfront so you know what is expected of you.
- Understand your legal rights. If you truly think your lawyer has broken a law, do some research first so you can get an idea of your legal rights. Discuss your concerns with the lawyer and see if they can advocate for your rights in an effective manner.
- Consider how comfortable you are. While experience and success are good, you should also consider how comfortable you are communicating with the lawyer of your choice. A quiet, standoffish lawyer may not be the right fit if you are looking for someone who is friendly and communicative.
- Listen to your lawyer. Do what your attorney asks of you. If they need certain documentation, get it for them. Complying with your lawyer’s requests works in your favor, as this helps them support your case.
- Be honest. Tell the facts about your case. You want your lawyer to represent you in the best way possible. Lying does no good.
Contact an Illinois Employment Law Firm
We all deserve to work in an environment that focuses on fairness and integrity. If you have suffered illegal treatment in the workplace, make sure you seek legal help and protect your rights.
The Law Office of Mitchell A. Kline has more than 30 years of experience working in the employment law field. With extensive credentials and compassionate care for our clients, we will help you get the outcome you deserve. Call our office or fill out the online form to schedule a free consultation.